What is Alcohol Poisoning?

Alcohol poisoning is one of the consequences that could derive from drinking too much of alcohol in just a short-period of time. Alcohol poisoning is often a result of binge drinking; the use of five or more drinks in a short span of time. When we binge drink this way, or drink too excessively for our own systems, the liver cannot process all the alcohol that has been taken in to the system fast enough. This causes the excess alcohol to be introduced in to the blood-stream, which then flows to the brain, affecting the neurochemistry. This could affect many functions within the body. Because alcohol is a depressant, a lot of alcohol can lead to the suppression of one or maybe more vital systems, such as the breathing. Alcohol is normally metabolized in the liver at the rate of one ounce every 90 minutes. This could be the equivalent of a two-ounce blended drink, one beer or even a regular-size glass of wine. Here is the rate a healthy liver functions. Any type of liver disease will be able to metabolize alcohol a great deal more slowly.

Alcohol poisoning can result in respiratory failure, liver failure, or heart failure, and represses normal reflexes. For instance, many people with liquor poisoning are so intoxicated that they do not have a gag re-flex, which may make them asphyxiate independently vomit if they regurgitate while they’re unconscious.

What is alcohol poisoning? How can we recognize it? What do we do when we recognize it? There are lots of different symptoms the period to a case of alcohol poisoning. These symptoms may possibly include:

* Confusion and stupor

* Vomiting

* Seizures

* Slowed breathing or irregular breathing

* Skin that becomes blue-tinged or light

* Lowered human body heat, even hypothermia

* Unconsciousness with little to no success of awareness

If these symptoms are found in somebody you know, you should seek medical assistance immediately. Alcohol accumulation treatment includes breathing service and administration of fluids and vitamins to remove alcohol from your system.

Until medical assistance arrives, it is important to keep the individual with liquor poisoning if they are conscious sitting in one place. Do not give them coffee or caffeine as this results in further dehydration. Give water to them should they can take it. If they’re passed out, turn them on their side; don’t allow them to lie on their backs.

Sufficiently high levels of alcohol in the body can cause coma or death. Acute alcohol poisoning is known as a medical emergency.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *